The open-top hop-on, hop-off bus tour is a novel way to see the city, without being tied down by a car or getting lost. It's a circular route and buses run regularly with 11 stops where you can hop on and hop off as you like.
The total tour duration (with no hop-offs) is approximately 90 minutes, and informative commentary available in 15 languages including isiZulu, English and Afrikaans; there's a special channel for kids. Highlights include the Carlton Centre, Apartheid Museum, SAB World of Beer (Newtown) and Constitution Hill.
The Green Tour is a great way to explore Joburg's leafy suburbs, with five bus stops and one viewpoint which takes about an hour. Its highlights include Zoo Lake, Johannesburg Zoo, Ditsong National Museum of Military History, and Constitution Hill.
The open-top hop-on, hop-off bus tour is a novel way to see the city, without being tied down by a car or getting lost.
Soweto is home to more than 1.2 million South Africans and many of our significant historical events took place here. The Johannesburg City Tour & Soweto Combo tour ties into the theme of Freedom and how, through the sacrifices of many of Soweto’s inhabitants, the struggle against apartheid was won. For this tour, you hop on a red minibus taxi for a unique trip to Soweto with several stops (some of which are very short) and the highlights include:
· FNB Stadium, the biggest stadium in Africa, representing a calabash (Zulu clay pot), traditionally used for serving umqombothi (beer).
· Diepkloof, a diverse neighbourhood
· Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, built during the Second World War, and the largest hospital in the world
· Bara Taxi Rank, the largest in Joburg
· Orlando Towers, a colourful landmark popular for bungee and base jumping, and abseiling Orlando Stadium, the first-ever sports facility built for black South Africans in a residential area
· Hector Pieterson Memorial in Orlando West; Vilakazi Street, the only street in the world in which two Nobel Prize winners have lived
· Kliptown Open Air Museum in Walter Sisulu Square
The Soweto tour, which is an extension of the Joburg City Tour, departs from Gold Reef City Casino Hotel once an hour. On arrival, you're met by your Soweto tour guide and driver.
For special online pricing of the various tours, visit www.citysightseeing.co.za or call 0861 733 287.
The tours offer a safe, reliable, affordable, informative and fun way to see the city on state-of-the-art buses, belonging to a reputable company that is the first carbon neutral bus company in South Africa.